Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Terraria: Multiplayer

So I bought my friend Terraria. Apparently he's been looking forward to the game since it's development, I only knew about it on release. His birthday is next month so I told him "Bro, make a steam account and I'll buy it for you." After we spend a while trying to figure out why his antivirus is fucking with installing steam I buy it for him. Then I spend another thirty minutes or so trying to figure out how to use multiplayer (if a guide need written on this say so in the comments.)

Other than a little lag, which is on my side because as I've said my computer is not the best, it ran pretty nicely. We used Hamachi because I'm not allowed to portforward. It was a lot of fun. We sat there talking on the phone and playing. To be honest when I played this singleplayer I thought singleplayer minecraft was more fun. Terraria multiplayer beats out minecraft multiplayer in my book. It was a lot of fun. We spent more than a few hours playing. (I didn't get to sleep until 4 or 5am

He was the swordsman and miner while I was the archer, woodcutter, and builder. It was a lot of fun coordinating with him what resources we need and other stuff. This is defiantly a game to play with friends. I think this is even more apparent with the 4 games for 30$ deal. I'm actaully thinking about getting this and giving it to all my other friends who have steam or play minecraft.

Oh and if me and him can solve the lag issues and are able to run Skype without crashing the game we're going to make a gameplay commentary out of it. I know it is a very overdone let's play at this point but it's a fun game and I do what I want :)

Remember Terraria is only 10$, certainly not a bank breaker, and like minecraft the amount of fun it give far out weigh the costs. Compared to 60$ games now-a-days that feel lacking a lot, this is refreshing.

14 comments:

  1. Nice, did you get an obligatory smoke down?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its like a 2D minecraft. Deffinitely worth a look

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice not bad might have to check it out

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lot of my friends on steam are playing it, was wondering what it was cause I've never heard of it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seen a couple of my friends playing it, not sure its for me though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hear it's good, probably gonna check it out for myself
    +followed

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always nice to do play with friends... or not.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not bad at all for $10. Very nice find.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm tempted to give this a shot. I did love Minecraft. This has RPG elements in it through doesn't it? That would definitely make me buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah it does have a very RPGish feel to it. There are bosses you have to fight and things you have to do to draw NPC (merchant, nurse, ect.) to your house or town.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Its always awesome when friends buy you games to play with them, always an enjoyable experience.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Read about this, kinda reminds of a freeform super metroid.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Too bad there's no Mac version

    ReplyDelete