Sunday, May 15, 2011

Dungeons and Magical Girls

Several friends and I have been doing a DnD session every two weeks for a while now and I must say table top roleplaying is so much fun. The name come because we are all otakus and we wanted to work in an anime tone almost, mostly what we got so far is it's based in a Japanese culture world though.

Today was one of our sessions. It was based more around combat than roleplaying but still fun in it's own kind of way. There was an amusing moment where isntead of killing a village of lizard people like the DM expect, I told my part we should off them the crocodile our wizard just "cooked" for information on what we were looking for. It totally worked too :D I also found out something about my back story that I left up to our DM's discretion.

My character, James who is an Elf, was adopted at a very young age after his family, village, and everything he knew was burned to the ground. As such he doesn't even know his real name let alone his parents. Well in a recent occurrence (where we kinda sorta accidentally almost summoned the prince of the underworld into the mortal world) James was unconscious and a god (the god of undeath, another evil god that we already accidentally let into the world) said to him about his fathers name and how James will pay for what he did.

Well it turns out that James' father was part of the World Walkers, a group of adventures that saved the world from peril many years ago. Two members of the group (whom are brothers by father) have their father in the world walkers as well. Presumably all of the world walkers are dead.

Right now we're trying to find the Lifebringer so he can restore balance to the world. I totally would type more but I'm not used to waking up to an alarm which I how I get up for the 7am games. I think I shall take a nap.

Though you can find the rarely updated wiki page of our game here and if you're keen to watch five hour plus youtube videos of guys just playing DnD you can see them here. They might be interesting to play in the background while playing minecraft or something :P

That being said. Peace, and may your dreams be good.

11 comments:

  1. Dude me and a couple of my friends were going to play this in the summer; thanks for the info. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good call, I like watching those kind of videos in the background, usually to WoW though. I really want to play DnD but all my friends think it is way too nerdy to do =/. I think If I bought some of the necessary things they would be down to play though, I can only hope!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never played DnD before, looks fun though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never played, but i might now, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never really got into DnD myself though a friend of mine managed to get me playing WoW with him for several months, at least until we both got tired of paying 15 dollars to Blizzard. I don't know, I don't personally know that many people that are into it. And learning all the rules that go along with it make it a bit intimidating.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What rule version do you play with?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, sounds like a pretty interesting DnD group. I've always been kind of curious about DnD, but I've never actually met any players. It doesn't seem very popular on Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow sounds definately interesting. i only know dungeon master from an starcraft broodwar map years ago, but even that cheap copy of DMing was spectacular fun

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really want to play DnD, but the only people that I know that play all play with each other and I guess they already have too many people.

    ReplyDelete