Thursday, June 2, 2011

A small view into my mind

So for no real reason the thought of gaining anything I wanted through wishes came to mind. It occurred to me there were a few things I wouldn't wish for, for example: excellent skills in parkour. Then there were other things that I would not mind wishing for, like knowing several languages. My mind kept wandering on this subject for a little while. After the thought played out in my mind I started thinking about why I had those choices.

I think that the things we are willing to take the easy way to complete aren't our true passions, rather those things that we want to work for are the things we want most. That is obvious but just think about it. What would you not wish for even though you want to do it? Drawing skills? Playing an instrument well? Whatever it is that is probably something you want to pay attention to.

The things we wouldn't wish for, the things we'd rather work towards, those things are probably the closest things to who we are. Those things we don't want to just be masters of, we want to experience the feel of actaully making that with out own bodies and minds.

Just something that came to mind, maybe you should play with the idea as well?

Peace and remember, let thoughts flow through your mind.

12 comments:

  1. I agree with wanting to know many languages, I would wish for that because fuck...there are too many I want to learn and I do have other things I must do...I would not wish for better grades or other such goals.

    Interesting thoughts you came up with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to know tons of languages.

    I like the blog - my kind of stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some skills you want because it will make your life easier (language), but others are skills you enjoy having and using (parkour). For the latter skills, the learning process is a valuable as the skill while for the former you just want to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember back in school I would let my thought wander alot. People thought I was so deep after explaining my thoughts and ideas, hehe.
    Its weird tho. Haven't done much of that anymore, might be cause my life's so busy at the moment? :/
    No time to stop and think so to say...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well there are other things too. Like for me I'd rather just know how to play guitar right now then have to learn it.

    People have told me I'm "deep" and "smart". I think I'm just another person though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to be able to do mason work. I don't know why I always liked it but never attempted it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very true. Everything you want to be good at takes hard work and probably times that you don't enjoy, and sometimes will feel like a chore. But the reward is worth it in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wouldn't wish for the ability to listen to women talk all day without cringing.

    Also, I've been away for a while, but now I'm back! Just leaving this little "P.S." to blogs I enjoy and want to know that I'm still here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. a small view into a truly large mind

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love being able to break language barriers. Wish I knew more.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a good post!
    I always have a little time with myself where I just think, it helps a lot in creation times and even simply in having a happier day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. haha nice wishes, they can come true if you just practice enough and manage to keep yourself motivated

    ReplyDelete