Friday, June 3, 2011

Monster: A first glance

The anime Monster is quite interesting. There are 74 episodes and I have seen 10 so far. It starts off with an aspiring doctor who has everything going for him. But at one point he chooses morals and good over greed and evil. This screws up his life. After which several more event occur. This anime is riddled with physiological question and quandaries. "Is one persons life worth more than another?"

It is riddled with plot twists that keep you on the edge of your seat. I enjoy this anime. Not in the way I enjoy My little Pony. MLP is cute and enjoyable for a smile. This anime constantly has you thinking about the possibilities. It's not something you kick back too just because you want a little watch and on to the next thing. This has had me texting my friend about things going on in the anime, the people and how they act, and all that kind of stuff.

What would you do if you saved the life of a killer? How would you react when he said to you "You are the reason I am here." as he shot a man without even blinking? It just feels so insane. My mind won't slow down for a second. It keep reeling on the things the happened, what might happen... And how great of a man the doctor is. I hated the character when I started watching the anime. Greedy, power lusting, they didn't care one way or another if someone died as long as that someone couldn't benefit them. The doctor did care. He seems to also bring happiness where he goes. He's the kind of person you look to and say "Humanity isn't dead yet."

Off all of that, the art style is a more realistic touch, but it fits perfectly. It makes it feel more serious. The music is also really great. I hardly notice the BGM but when I try to listen for it it sounds phenomenal. The fact I don't notice it means it's doing it's job, It's pulling me in more to the scene. I've once said that any form of digital media like tv or movies needs music. There have been times where I've cried at a movie just because of the music drawing me in so much.

Overall so far I love this anime. I would suggest it to anyone who likes thrillers, physiological anime, a show that makes you think, or a deep story. Oh a little extra thing if you do watch it: The point where he was jump roping, I found myself unconsciously breathing at the same rhythm and pace he was. It was quite strange.

Peace, and always watch what you want to watch.

14 comments:

  1. I've never gotten to finish this anime... thx for reminding me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool, finaly found another anime lover! Following!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm... I usually don't pick up anime because it doesn't really accomplish much. TV rots your brain, video games are probably at least a little better--especially if they feature voice communication.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow i love animes so mmuch and i didnt think anybody knows monster too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love Psychological Animes, major Eva fan. Will have to check this out, thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen a couple episodes, it was pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe I should reinstate my anime phase of a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I'm going to watch this. Kinda makes me think of DeathNote whenever I think of storylines that push the boundaries of thinking when it comes to right and wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmm, this is the second recommendation of Monster I've seen today - I think I'll give it a try! Thanks!

    @Athanasian Echo I thought of Death Note too! I know DN is now 'lolSOmainstream', but I really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't want to mention Death Note because I don't like saying this is like this. I mean sure they're similar but that doesn't mean everything should be compared.

    Though yes it does have similar factors to DN :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. Monster really is a masterpiece! I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it, yet.
    The music, the character and the suspense..brilliant!

    ReplyDelete