Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Ambitions too great

I think a lot of people are like that, me included. Right now I'm actively creating Let's Plays, coding, training parkour, and starting soon I'll be learning to play the ukulele. Sometimes though I feel my ambitions are beyond my capability. Well I feel that may be true but I never nor will I be able to accept it. I'm doing what I love to do everyday but I'm still not sure. That nagging thought about trying to get practice in for everything.

Like today I spent five hours coding with a friend on a site. I had fun, even though it was irritating at times and got a little old. I also learned a lot. That's five hours though. Same with Let's plays, I've already spent 2+ hours recording total in my videos. Then I need to put time aside to work-out and train. I'm also going to be learning the ukulele very soon, as well as my let's plays will be picking up.

On top of all that I have to make sure I'm ready for the GED by August. On top of that I constantly have several several other things that come to mind that I want to do. Oh and then I have my blog. There's just so much to do but if I try to get it all done I just fail at everything. So much to do when I only have twenty-fours hours in a day, and I have to sleep sometime.

The worst part is these are all things I love and want to do. I would schedule say practice uke at this time and record at this time and study at this time and work-out at this time but then I would feel constrained. I once said life is too short for ones ambitions. It isn't but you have to be more patient than me.

So what will I do? I don't know. I'm most defiantly going to keep blogging and creating let's plays. I'll be playing the ukulele with a friend and whenever I'm just chilling in a skype call. Coding I'll probably do on the side with my friend as he gets jobs. Working out and training... Honestly I don't know. Crazy as always I guess. Studying. I think I'll put in two good hours a day of studying.

I do what I love but I love too much. At least it's not as bad as a few years ago. I was trying to do three times as much.

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good combination of outdoor/ingame and music you got going on. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chin up, brother! I can empathize with you most wholeheartedly! I feel the same way when it comes to the things I got to do. I practice all the time, but I don't feel like I'm getting any better, and I feel like I'm just gonna be a crap musician forever no matter what. It's really downright depressing. You just gotta keep going, man, make those dreams come true!

    Oh, and don't sweat the GED. You seem like a really smart guy. I took that shit, and got some of the highest scores in my class, and I didn't even sit through any of the classes. It's easy, trust me. If you can code, you can ace the GED, no problem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do whatever you want in life as long as you are determines to do it and you have the concentration to get the job done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with it all man.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Parkour seems like one of the coolest things someone can learn to do, and one of the hardest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what you mean. I currently am practicing guitar, bass, piano, writing, drawing, pakour, running, Team Fortress 2, League of Legends, painting and building models... too much I want to get good at.

    ReplyDelete